2/8/11

Barn Burning

Well, 9 months after I took it down, I'm finally able to clean up the mess!

It was taking a considerable amount of time trying to tear it apart with little fruit for my labors. While we were having our woodlot log, I asked my logger if he could pick out some of the nicer timbers with the excavator and pile up the rest. He charged me $80, which was well worth the time it would have taken me to clean it up by hand (several more weekends).
After the excavator separated and piled


This past weekend I took some diesel to her and set her ablaze. With the proper permits of course (unlike the demolition itself). The first pile took right off, the second pile burned into the night, but with much success. That night though we got our first winter rain and the "leftovers" wouldn't burn well the next day. So we have a couple little piles left to go. Hopefully this means little site cleanup in the spring, and I can dive right into building the barn.

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment